Trek problems

Submitted: Sunday, Mar 10, 2024 at 13:12
ThreadID: 147194 Views:830 Replies:2 FollowUps:2
Hi, setup a trek for my trip to Tassie in the weeks leading up to the trip. I am at Geelong awaiting the ferry and decided on a change. Big mistake. Two frustrating hours later my trek is still not correct. I think the problem started when I lost internet for a few minutes. It made the spots I worked on direct and flights for some reason. Despite deleting, designating them driving etc cannot get rid of them. They appear baked in forever now. Interesting the flights go out over australia to the middle of the Indian ocean and then come back to Tasmania. Yeah a few bugs there I think or perhaps China has a new base they have built there.

The data on my trek info is incorrect in terms of the distances as it seems to finish the trek where these flights are even though the rest of the trek waypoints are visible. when I look at the list of places they are all there but the map doesn't agree with the directions. I have tried all the obvious things like restarting the app, rebooting the tablet but it continues . I tried selecting cycling for these flight legs but same result they remain visible even when the waypoint list is corrected. Next time you go in the list is incorrect again despite saving the list when it appeared correct.

I don't find the interface very intuitive and I found the app has quite a learning curve and building treks is a bit ponderous but I can live with all the quirks once I got use to them but not sure about this other behaviour. Unless somebody has a fix I might just have to revert to using the app as a tablet version of a paper map which is a bit disappointing.

Back Reply Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Warren H - Sunday, Mar 10, 2024 at 14:05

Sunday, Mar 10, 2024 at 14:05
I'd try the help desk. Other than that go to the control panel on the Exploreoz website and delete /edit your trek there. On your tablet in the app clear your trek data and resync. I had once had some issues with a trek when the synchronising was interrupted, I suspect that this may have happened when you briefly lost your internet connection.
NT Pajero
2007 Goldstream Crown

My Profile  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 645457

Reply By: Brett P10 - Sunday, Mar 10, 2024 at 16:02

Sunday, Mar 10, 2024 at 16:02
Thanks Warren. Just had a good look on the website for a control panel but couldn't find anything. Is there a trick to accessing it? I was signed in.
AnswerID: 645458

Follow Up By: Member - Warren H - Sunday, Mar 10, 2024 at 19:29

Sunday, Mar 10, 2024 at 19:29
Look under my account there should be a Traveller control panel button. I'm on my mobile atm I think it is the same on a pc Web browser. I think it used to be under the Traveller app.
NT Pajero
2007 Goldstream Crown

FollowupID: 925763

Follow Up By: Member - Jim S1 - Sunday, Mar 10, 2024 at 20:20

Sunday, Mar 10, 2024 at 20:20
Looks like this ........ and do try the Help desk ...... D and M are really helpful and fast.

Cheers
Jim
"Sometimes I sits and thinks, and sometimes I just sits." A fisherman.

"No road is long with good company." Traditional

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 925764

Sponsored Links